An Overview - gst in india
Identity PAN and address proof along with photo graphs of promoter
a. Proprietary Concern – Proprietor
b. Partnership Firm / LLP – Managing/Authorized/Designated Partners (personal details of all partners are to be submitted but photos of only ten partners including that of Managing Partner are to be submitted)
c. Hindu Undivided Family – Karta
d. Company – Managing Director, Directors and the Authorised Person
e. Trust – Managing Trustee, Trustees and Authorised Person
f. Association of Persons or Body of Individuals –Members of Managing Committee (personal details of all members are to be submitted but photos of only ten members including that of Chairman are to be submitted)
g. Local Authority – CEO or his equivalent
h. Statutory Body – CEO or his equivalent
i. Others – Person(s) in Charge
Business registration Document
a.Partnership - Partnership Deed
b.LLP/ Company - Incorporation Certificate
c.Society/trust/ club/ government department/ body of individuals - Registration Certificates
Address proof of business
a.Rental - Rental Agreement/ Electricity Bill with Consent
b. Own - Property tax/Muncipal tax receipt
c. SEZ - Certificate issued by Govt.
Jurisdiction and commissionerate
Bank account Proof
b. Bank statement
Digital Signature Mandatory only incase of Company
Declaration as authorized signatory - Board Resolution/Self Declaration
Declaration regarding type of goods and nature of business.
General FAQ- GST in India
- Individuals registered under the Pre-GST law (i.e., Excise, VAT, Service Tax etc.)
- Businesses with turnover above the threshold limit of Rs. 40 Lakhs. Upto 40 lakhs
- Voluntary registration
- Casual taxable person / Non-Resident taxable person
- Agents of a supplier & Input service distributor
- Those paying tax under the reverse charge mechanism
- Person who supplies via e-commerce aggregator
- Every e-commerce aggregator
- Person supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered taxable person
Small businesses having an annual turnover less than Rs. 1.5 crore can opt for Composition scheme. Composition dealers will pay nominal tax rates based on the type of business:
- Composition dealers are required to file only one quarterly return (instead of three monthly returns filed by normal taxpayers).
- They cannot issue taxable invoices, i.e., collect tax from customers and are required to pay the tax out of their own pocket.
- Businesses that have opted for Composition Scheme cannot claim any input tax credit. Composition scheme is not applicable to Service providers, Inter-state sellers, E-commerce sellers
Supplier of non-taxable goods
Manufacturer of Notified Goods
ISD means Input Service Distributor. It is like a head office that receives the tax invoices of input services and then further distributes the credit of tax paid by it to its units proportionately.
Yes the person can voulantarily can cancel the registration on wish.
Even proper office, on default of tax by taxable assessee will cancel the GST registration by giving notice.
ProcedureIdentity PAN and address proof